An all metal hotend! We run all our machines on this one. What are the benefits?
Metal hotends can run hotter than J-heads, the limit is mostly only the thermistor (300 degrees with the supplied one, 400 degrees with a thermocouple). They are much easier to maintain and troubleshoot and most important they are far more reliable. The changeable nozzles allow for greater flexibility but also much easier cleaning.
This is an original v6 from E3D and are considered the best of the bunch!
The kit consists of:
- 1 x Aluminium Heatsink (including embedded bowden coupling)
- 1 x Stainless Steel Heatbreak
- 1 x Brass Nozzle (0.4mm)
- 1 x Aluminium Heater Block
- 1 x 100K Semitec NTC thermistor
- 1 x Heater Cartridge (12v or 24v depending on version)
- 1 x 30x30x10mm fan (12v or 24v depending on version)
- 1 x High Temperature Fiberglass Wire – for Thermistor (150mm)
- 2 x 0.75mm Ferrules – for Solder-Free Wire Joins
- 4 x Plastfast30 3.0 x 16 screws to attach the fan to the fan duct
- 1 x M3x3 socket dome screw and M3 washer to clamp thermistor
- 1 x M3x10 socket dome screw to clamp the heater block around the heater cartridge
- 1 x Fan Duct (Injection Moulded PC)
For a very detailed assembly manual look here.